Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's Been A Long Time

(From the mind of he)

Times have been busy. Much has been happening. Many things learned.

I've learned that if you complain or add fuel to other complaints then all that happens is the knocking down of another person. Jesus says "Blessed are the peacemakers". This is what I desire to be. A peacemaker. Someone who can put out fires, not makes them burn brighter and hurt more people. Sin makes us want to hold on to the Adam aspect of our lives. It makes us defensive when someone tries to speak into our lives in an attempt to help us. We must give God all we are. He will break through our walls and make things the way He desires. He can free us from ourselves. This is what I need to happen. I need to live in the freedom that only Christ offers.

I woke up one night a while ago an wrote this. It was fitting then and continues to be fitting now. This was written on 1/4/08:
One Road
As I walk this road
It seems to be known
Stuggles from the past
Struggles that seem to last
Hope is always there for me
Freedom is all around
Trusting that my Savior
Can save me once more
Love is the Answer
Love is the only Key
The World still continues
To fall away from me
This Road leads one place
Once place I want to be
The world leads many
Many places unseen
Sin should have no power
It's wiped away from me
Trust is the Savior
Follow The One Road
I have no poetry training so I know I probably didn't follow the proper format. Freedom is there. Freedom is true. Freedom is beautiful.

No comments: